| || |
Dr Alice Cicirello
Oct. 2012 to present. Research Associate in Structural and Drilling Dynamics in the Dynamics and Vibrations Research Group. Funded by Schlumberger Gould Research Center.
Oct. 2012 to present. Bye-Fellow in Enginnering at Murray Edwards College.
Specialist in engineering dynamics, vibro-acoustics, analysis of structures with uncertainties, reliability analysis, shock analysis, imprecise probability models.
Experience in consulting, investigating satellite vibration problems and vibro-acoustic models of engineering systems.
Part of the interview panel at Murray Edwards College selecting new undergraduate students for the Engineering course offered by the University of Cambridge.
Small group teaching of undergraduate engineering students. Experience in setting and marking college progress exams.
Academic and Professional qualifications:
- BEng in Civil Engineering (110/110 cum laude / First class equivalent), from the University of Messina, Italy, with emphasis in Structural Engineering (2007)
- MSc in Civil Engineering (110/110 cum laude / honours with distinction equivalent), from the University of Messina, Italy, with emphasis in Structural Engineering (2009)
- License of Professional Engineer (P.E.), from the University of Messina, Italy, School of Engineering (2009)
- Member of the Register of Engineers of the Province of Messina (Albo degli Ingegneri della Provincia di Messina), (2010)
- PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge, UK, (2013)
Vibration and acoustic analysis of cars, satellite structures and drilling tools. Modelling manufacturing imperfections and imprecise input parameters for the design of engineering structures. Modelling and propagation of uncertainty. Reliability analysis of structures.
- PhD thesis (University of Cambridge): Vibro-acoustic analysis of structures with uncertain properties.
More info at: Assessment report on the hybrid FE-SEA method, ISIPTA'13 Conference paper
- Mid-frequency analysis
- Hybrid Finite Element (FE) / Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) method
- Vibro-acoustic analysis of complex built-up structures
- Analysis of structures with uncertain parameters
- Uncertainty modelling
- Reliability Analysis
- Combination of parametric (probabilistic and non-probabilistic) and non-parametric probabilistic models of uncertainty
- Imprecise probability models
Organisation of meeting and seminars:
- Co-organiser of the “Short course on High Frequency Vibration Prediction”, 21-22 June 2010, Cambridge, UK
- Co-organiser of the “Dynamics and Vibration Tea Time Talks”, September 2010 – March 2011, Cambridge, UK – Weekly seminars of the Dynamics and Vibration research Group (Engineering Department, UCAM).
- Co-organiser of the “Mechanics, Materials and Design Division – Transferable Skills Graduate Conference 2011”, 27 May 2011, Cambridge, UK
Publications & Technical reports:
- Article in peer-reviewed journals:
- A. Palmeri, A. Cicirello, Physically-based Dirac’s delta functions in the static analysis of multi-cracked Euler-Bernoulli and Timoshenko beams, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2011, Vol. 48, Issue 14-15, pp. 2184-2195. doi:10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2011.03.024
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, The vibro-acoustic analysis of built-up systems using a hybrid method with parametric and non-parametric uncertainties, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2013, Vol. 332, Issue 9, pp 2165-2178. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2012.05.040
- A. Cicirello, A. Palmeri, Static Analysis of Euler-Bernoulli Beams with Multiple Unilateral Cracks under Combined Axial and Transverse Loads, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2013, Available online 7 December 2013, ISSN 0020-7683, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2013.11.030
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Efficient parametric uncertainty analysis within the hybrid Finite Element/Statistical Energy Analysis method, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2013, Available online 8 December 2013, ISSN 0022-460X, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2013.10.040
- Books chapters:
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, L. Kovalevsky, J. Woodhouse, The hybrid Finite Element/Statistical Energy analysis method, In W. Desmet, B. Pluymers, O. Atak editors, "MID-FREQUENCY" CAE Methodologies for Mid-Frequency Analysis in Vibration and Acoustics, pages 233-262. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven - Faculty of Engineering.
- Article in conference proceedings:
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, The analysis of random systems with combined parametric and non-parametric uncertainty models, Proceedings of the International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering (ISMA2010), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 1997-2010, (2010).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Combining parametric and non-parametric uncertainty modeling for the vibro-acoustic analysis of random built-up structures, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Structural Dynamics (EURODYN2011), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 3139-3146, (2011).
- R.S. Langley, A. Cicirello, An approach to uncertainty modelling with application to problems in vibro-acoustics, Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Uncertainty Quantification and Stochastic Modeling (UNCERTAINTIES 2012), Sao Paulo, Brazil (February 2012).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Reliability analysis of complex built-up structures via the hybrid FE-SEA method, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Noise and Vibration: Emerging Methods (NOVEM 2012), Sorrento, Italy (April 2012).
- M. Donà, A. Palmeri, A. Cicirello, M. Lombardo, A two-node multi-cracked beam element for the static and dynamic analysis of planar frames, Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Computational Structures Technology (CST2012), Dubrovnik, Croatia (September 2012).
- A. Cicirello, Reliability analysis of vibro-acoustic systems with combined parametric and non-parametric probabilistic uncertainty models, Proceedings of the International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering (ISMA2012), Leuven, Belgium, (2012).
- M. Donà, A. Palmeri, M. Lombardo, A. Cicirello, Cracked slender beams with non-local elasticity, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Mechanics (CM13), Durham, UK (March 2013).
- A. Cicirello, A. Palmeri, Static analysis of multi-cracked Euler-Bernoulli beam-columns using a unilateral crack modelling, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Mechanics (CM13), Durham, UK (March 2013).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, An approach to uncertainty in probabilistic assignments with application to vibro-acoustic problems, Proceedings of of the Eight International Symposium on Imprecise Probabilities: Theories and applications (ISIPTA’13), Compiegne, France (July 2013).
- P. Coulier, A. Cicirello, G. Lombaert, G. Degrande, H.E.M. Hunt, A numerical model for the prediction of railway induced vibrations in a city-like environment, Proceedings of the 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM XI), Barcelona, Spain (July 2014).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Modelling the shock induced failure of printed circuit boards, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Structural Dynamics (EURODYN 2014), Porto, Portugal (July 2014).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, An imprecise probability description for problems in mechanics, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computational Structures Technology (CST2014), Naples, Italy, (September 2014).
- Internal and Public reports:
- A. Cicirello Combining parametric and non-parametric uncertainty modelling for vibro-acoustic analysis, First year report submitted to CUED (Cambridge University Engineering Department), Internal report, August 2010
- A. Cicirello , R.S. Langley, L. Kovalevsky, J. Woodhouse, Assessment report on the hybrid FE-SEA method , “MID-FREQUENCY”, 7th Framework Programme, Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), Grant Agreement 214909, Public report, 29 September 2011.
Contact Information: Dr Alice Cicirello Email: email@example.com Tel.: +44 (0)1223 748522 Address: Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK
| MMD | CUED | University |
last updated by firstname.lastname@example.org in 19/11/11