| || |
Dr Alice Cicirello
Oct. 2012 to present. Research associate in Drilling Dynamics in the Dynamics and Vibrations Research Group. Funded by Schlumberger Gould Research Center.
Oct. 2012 to present. Bye-Fellow in Enginnering at Murray Edwards College.
Academic and Professional qualifications:
- BEng in Civil Engineering (110/110 cum laude / First class equivalent), from the University of Messina, Italy, with emphasis in Structural Engineering (2007)
- MSc in Civil Engineering (110/110 cum laude / with Distinction equivalent), from the University of Messina, Italy, with emphasis in Structural Engineering (2009)
- License of Professional Engineer (P.E.), from the University of Messina, Italy, School of Engineering (2009)
- Member of the Register of Engineers of the Province of Messina (Albo degli Ingegneri della Provincia di Messina), (2010)
- PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge, UK, (2013)
Vibration and acoustic analysis of cars, satellite structures and drilling tools. Modelling manufacturing imperfections and imprecise input parameters for the design of engineering structures. Uncertainty propagation and Reliability analysis of structures.
- PhD thesis (University of Cambridge): Vibro-acoustic analysis of structures with uncertain properties.
More info at: Assessment report on the hybrid FE-SEA method
- Mid-frequency analysis
- Hybrid Finite Element (FE) / Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) method
- Vibro-acoustic analysis of complex built-up structures
- Analysis of structures with uncertain parameters
- Uncertainty modelling
- Reliability Analysis
- Combination of parametric (probabilistic and non-probabilistic) and non-parametric probabilistic models of uncertainty
- Imprecise probability models
Organisation of meeting and seminars:
- Co-organiser of the “Short course on High Frequency Vibration Prediction”, 21-22 June 2010, Cambridge, UK
- Co-organiser of the “Dynamics and Vibration Tea Time Talks”, September 2010 – March 2011, Cambridge, UK – Weekly seminars of the Dynamics and Vibration research Group (Engineering Department, UCAM).
- Co-organiser of the “Mechanics, Materials and Design Division – Transferable Skills Graduate Conference 2011”, 27 May 2011, Cambridge, UK
Publications & Technical reports:
- Article in peer-reviewed journal:
- A. Palmeri, A. Cicirello, Physically-based Dirac’s delta functions in the static analysis of multi-cracked Euler-Bernoulli and Timoshenko beams, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2011, Vol. 48, Issue 14-15, pp. 2184-2195. doi:10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2011.03.024
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, The vibro-acoustic analysis of built-up systems using a hybrid method with parametric and non-parametric uncertainties, Journal of Sound and Vibration (2012), in press, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2012.05.040
- Books chapters:
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, L. Kovalevsky, J. Woodhouse, The hybrid Finite Element/Statistical Energy analysis method , In W. Desmet, B. Pluymers, O. Atak editors, "MID-FREQUENCY" CAE Methodologies for Mid-Frequency Analysis in Vibration and Acoustics, pages 233-262. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven - Faculty of Engineering.
- Article in conference proceedings:
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, The analysis of random systems with combined parametric and non-parametric uncertainty models, Proceedings of the International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering (ISMA2010), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 1997-2010, (2010).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Combining parametric and non-parametric uncertainty modeling for the vibro-acoustic analysis of random built-up structures, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Structural Dynamics (EURODYN2011), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 3139-3146, (2011).
- R.S. Langley, A. Cicirello, An approach to uncertainty modelling with application to problems in vibro-acoustics, Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Uncertainty Quantification and Stochastic Modeling (UNCERTAINTIES 2012), Sao Paulo, Brazil (February 2012).
- A. Cicirello, R.S. Langley, Reliability analysis of complex built-up structures via the hybrid FE-SEA method, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Noise and Vibration: Emerging Methods (NOVEM 2012), Sorrento, Italy (April 2012).
- M. Donà, A. Palmeri, A. Cicirello, M. Lombardo, A two-node multi-cracked beam element for the static and dynamic analysis of planar frames , Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Computational Structures Technology (CST2012), Dubrovnik, Croatia (September 2012).
- A. Cicirello, Reliability analysis of vibro-acoustic systems with combined parametric and non-parametric probabilistic uncertainty models, Proceedings of the International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering (ISMA2012), Leuven, Belgium, (2012).
- Internal and Public reports:
- A. Cicirello Combining parametric and non-parametric uncertainty modelling for vibro-acoustic analysis, First year report submitted to CUED (Cambridge University Engineering Department), Internal report, August 2010
- A. Cicirello , R.S. Langley, L. Kovalevsky, J. Woodhouse, Assessment report on the hybrid FE-SEA method , “MID-FREQUENCY”, 7th Framework Programme, Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), Grant Agreement 214909, Public report, 29 September 2011.
Contact Information: Dr Alice Cicirello Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: +44 (0)1223 748522 Address: Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK
| MMD | CUED | University |
last updated by email@example.com in 19/11/11