Integrated optical wireless transceivers
- To demonstrate compact potentially low cost optical transceivers for in-building free
- To develop long wavelength (1500nm) emitter and detector arrays optimised for free space
- To evaluate the performance of such transceivers in a real operating environment,
transmitting ATM computer and video data at 155Mbit/s.
- To investigate extending this architecture to a Gbit/s free space optical network.
- Project began January 1999
- Final Report produced December 2002
- Univ. of Huddersfield, Univ. of Cambridge, Univ. of Oxford, Imperial College
- BT labs, BBC, Cablefree solutions
Click icon for project poster
Page last updated: 24 February, 2008